In collaboration with the Medical Director the Nurse Manager is responsible for overseeing and participating in the direct medical care and treatment of clients along with supervision of all nursing staff, establishment and implementation of health-related policies within the agency, hiring, training and staff development. This position is also responsible for monitoring policies, procedures, and training medication administration for staff.
• Oversees the operation and management of medication administration, including Medication Administration Program (MAP). Supervises nursing staff throughout agency. Also, directly supervises Nurse Manager/Monitor and in the absence of Nurse Manager/Monitor, manages and oversees the following:
o Oversees medication certification training for non-medical staff.
o Acts as a liaison to pharmacy services.
o Oversees the administration of medication control substance registry.
• Covers or provides for coverage for program nursing needs in collaboration with program and/or component management.
• Leads policy development for health and medication operations, including medication administration policies.
• Participates in activities of organizational quality management.
• Receives and reviews incident reports of all medication errors within the agency.
• Alerts prescribing physicians and CNS staff to errors.
• Makes required state notifications and implements improvement activities as appropriate.
• Provides direct nursing services, up to thirty (30) hours per week, as needed, in various agency programs.
• Serves as liaison to community to ensure integrated client care. Builds strategic relationships with area primary care offices to establish integrated care systems.
• Demonstrated experience in nursing functions within a school and/or residential setting
• Possess knowledge of applicable state regulations.
• Experience working with children and adolescents preferred.
• MAP certification is highly preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Previous experience and/or educational background in psychiatric nursing
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Registered Nurse with valid Massachusetts license
• At least 2 years prior experience working in a managerial/supervisory capacity.
• Must be able to sit, stand, bend and kneel frequently throughout the day.
• Must be able to perform sedentary aspects of position, including, but not limited to entering data in to medical records, responding to email and phone calls.
• Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs.
• Must be able to perform physical restraints as necessary.