Responsible for delivering personal care and related household tasks and activities under the direction of a Supervisor. Perform assigned duties and responsibilities, communicate observations verbally and in writing, accept and use supervision, respect privacy and confidentiality, adapt to a variety of situations, respect and accept different values, nationalities, races, religions, cultures and standards of living.
Services include assistance with:
• bathing, showers, sponge baths
• shampoo/hair combing
• foot care (excluding nail cutting)
• denture care
• shaving (electric razor only)
• bedpan routines
• ambulating and transfers (under the Elders Affairs’ Personal Care Guidelines)
• menu planning, meal preparation
• light housekeeping, including but not limited to:
• wet & dry mopping,
• dish washing
• cleaning the kitchen and bathroom
• changing beds
• prescriptions pick-up
• essential errands
Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent.
Completion of Homemaker training program = 60 hours (as recommended by the Massachusetts Council for Home Care Aide Services).
On-going state required staff development training = 6 hours per year. Specialty areas include but not limited to good problem-solving skills
Mature, reliable and honest.
A capacity for compassion, common sense, self-discipline and a sense of humor