YOU, Inc is looking for a talented Behavioral Health Director for our Milford, MA location!
The Director of Ambulatory Services, will oversee the administrative, clinical, fiscal, management, and programmatic operations of YOU, Inc.’s home-based and/or outpatient services. To this end the Director will ensure the successful oversight of a behavioral health center which may encompass a DPH licensed mental-health clinic, CBHI services, and DCF contracted services.
The Director, in conjunction with the AVP and VP of Behavioral Health/Chief Operating Officer, will be responsible for the clinical, financial, regulatory, personnel, community relations, technological, and facility aspects of running the behavioral health center. The Director will supervise and collaborate with the Assistant Director of Behavioral Health Services, to ensure successful program management.
• Provide strategic thinking for the BH center and position the site to be at the forefront of providing clinical services.
• Examine, evaluate, and adjust program implementation to ensure that agency strategic goals and expected outcomes are met.
• Oversee day-to-day operations of the BH center to ensure that the highest quality clinical care is provided and documented in keeping with best practice standards, regulatory standards and agency standards.
• Ensure that all training, quality assurance, compliance and productivity standards are met.
• Oversee the home-based services such that all program specifications of CBHI and DCF contracted work are met and/or oversee the outpatient care such that all policies and procedures of the agency’s DPH licensed mental health clinic are met.
• Maintain the staffing necessary for program operations and to uphold the agency value and commitment to diversity and inclusion in staffing. Oversee any performance management and/or progressive discipline issues that arise. Provide direct supervision to staff at the site as appropriate to credentialing, licensure, and programmatic expertise and as required by regulatory entities.
• In conjunction with the AVP and VP of Behavioral Health/Chief Operating Officer, develop a budget/s for the program. Monitor budgets regularly and ensure that all budgetary and productivity expectations are met or exceeded.
• Monitor issues of risk and/or potential risk, and report issues of immediate concern to the AVP and VP/COO, and the CEO if needed.
• Review reports on a daily, weekly, monthly and as needed to ensure that information related to insurance, authorization, eligibility, productivity, copayments, failed activities, waitlists, and other reports as identified are utilized to ensure successful operations in the program.
• Compose oneself with professionalism, ethical practice, and compassionate regard for consumers/clients.
• Behavioral health clinical care may be provided through outpatient services, CBHI services, DCF Support & Stabilization Services, and/or residential setting. The services may include but are limited to: individual therapy, family therapy, group therapy, open access & assessment, clinical consultation, and/or clinical case management.
• Demonstrated strong knowledge of child/youth and family clinical care, as well as mental health, educational, developmental care, child welfare, and juvenile justice systems.
• Proof of a valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and personal transportation to fulfill essential job functions is required.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion, confidentiality, collaboration, and independent judgment.
• Demonstrated ability to be innovative, creative, analytical and decisive in problem solving. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated administrative and organizational capabilities. Ability to work effectively with others.
• Knowledgeable of program specifications (either outpatient or CBHI), regulatory requirements, licensing requirements, credentialing requirements, HIPAA, and other laws related to clinical care.
• High level of knowledge and competency with direct psychotherapeutic clinical care, including risk assessment, safety planning, general comprehensive assessment, treatment planning, service delivery, discharge planning. Ability to ensure that clinical care meets medical necessity and that service delivery meets all compliance standards.
• Ability to supervise, manage, and direct program staff including administrative staff, program directors, coordinators and supervisors, and clinical staff.
• Active CANS certification, required.
Education and Experience:
• Master’s or Doctoral Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, or related field required.
• Independent Licensure in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as an LICSW, LMHC, LMFT or licensed psychologist.
• Minimum of 5 years clinical and supervisory experience in behavioral health setting (Outpatient and/or CBHI/Home-based service delivery), preferably working with child, adolescent, and family services
• Minimum of 2 years of management experience, including but not limited to budget management, programmatic development, and personnel management.
• Familiarity with Electronic Health/Billing Record required.
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) capabilities preferred.