Family Services of Central Massachusetts, an affiliate of Seven Hills Foundation, has been helping families in our area for over 125 years. Since 1889, we have maintained the proud reputation in the greater Worcester community of providing valuable resources and specialized support, guidance and counseling to individuals and families in need. Our mission to support individuals and families through life transitions is guided by principles of compassion, understanding, professionalism, confidentiality and access for all, continues.
The Personal Care Homemaker is responsible for delivering personal care and related household tasks and activities under the direction of a Supervisor. Perform assigned duties and responsibilities, communicate observations verbally and in writing, accept and use supervision, respect privacy and confidentiality, adapt to a variety of situations, respect and accept different values, nationalities, races, religions, cultures and standards of living.
We offer PAID TRAINING!
Benefits for Part-time Employees:
Services include assistance with:
• bathing, showers, sponge baths
• shampoo/hair combing
• foot care (excluding nail cutting)
• denture care
• shaving (electric razor only)
• bedpan routines
• ambulating and transfers (under the Elders Affairs’ Personal Care Guidelines)
• menu planning, meal preparation
• light housekeeping, including but not limited to:
• wet & dry mopping,
• dish washing
• cleaning the kitchen and bathroom
• changing beds
• prescriptions pick-up
• essential errands
• other duties as assigned by Supervisors