Cares for students under the supervision of the Overnight Supervisor during the overnight and morning routines by performing the following duties:
- Meets all essential student needs each shift, according to guidelines.
- Performs interventions that support the Stetson School’s ACORN approach.
- Demonstrates care giver qualities that treat all students with dignity and respect.
- Prevents interactions that are not sanctioned within the rules, practices, and policies of Stetson School.
- Prevents actions and disparaging comments that may be considered horseplay, roughhousing, and/or derogatory comments and demeaning gestures.
- Maintains appropriate staff to student interactions including professional boundaries
- Acts as a role model and reinforces pro-social behaviors.
Child Care Workers are provided a paid 10-day New Employee Orientation and receive training on CPR/First Aid, TCI, Defensive Driving, and Medication Administration Program (MAP). They also receive unit-specific training at the worksite.