Responsible for billing for services performed at the Ellsworth Child and Family Counseling Center, working with clinicians and Intake personnel, and communicating with insurance companies.
1. Performs all aspects of billing process, including third party billing and client billing.
2. Investigates outstanding receivables over 30 days.
3. Works with clinicians on submission of encounter forms and facilitates solutions with the payroll department for proper clinician reimbursement.
4. Interacts with intake department on referral issues.
5. Communicates with insurance companies to resolve billing issues.
6. Enters data into electronic billing system and electronic medical records.
7. Provides recommendations for manual and automated process improvements.
8. Utilizes computer and systems skills to improve, automate, and support the business process.
1. Bachelor's degree with related billing experience preferred.
2. Experience in mental health service business preferred.
3. Strong organizational skills.
4. Responsiveness and problem-solving ability.
5. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
6. Persistent follow-through skills.
4. Highly organized, detail oriented with excellent problem solving skills.
5. Experience with medical billing software, and electronic billing procedures preferred.
6. Knowledge of, or ability to learn and apply, HIPAA and other information security requirements.