Scope: Assist departments within the facility by providing clerical support, greet visitors and operate telephone system.
Responsibilities and Objectives:
- Answer telephone, direct calls to appropriate departments, and screen calls as needed.
- Provide clerical support to various departments throughout the facility.
- Greet visitors, vendors, potential employees, and family members; direct to appropriate departments.
- Arrange transportation for resident medical appointments and compile resident information for appointments.
- Provide billing information to Children’s Hospital and Boston Medical Center for medical staff.
- Order office supplies as needed; monitor supplies to ensure appropriate stock is available.
- Perform any other tasks as requested by the Administrator, Director of Nursing, Maintenance, Dietary and Business Office.
- Receive deliveries for the facility and distribute to appropriate departments.
- Compile orientation packets for new employees.
- Maintain database of all employees regarding mandatory in-services, educational in-services, and mandated medical requirements of the facility.
- Works with the DON and HR Department at the Foundation to recruit potential employees to vacant positions in the nursing department.
- Performs other activities as required by the position
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to deal with frequent interruptions.
- Willingness to provide support to staff regarding concerns and direct to appropriate department managers.
- Completes mandatory in-service education.
- Maintains employee and resident confidentiality at all times.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Frequently moves throughout the facility.
- Must have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with all employees, family members, visitors, and managers.
- May be exposed to contagious disease.