Provides adoption services which include case management of children, home studies and child adoption assessments. May also be required to engage in special projects.
Provides case management of children with a goal of permanency.
• Provides highly skilled individual, group and family evaluation and treatment services to clients.
• Provides services through home visits as required.
• Participates in adoption parties as assigned.
• Develops and maintains contacts with DCF case referral sources.
• Completes assessments in accordance with program guidelines.
• Completes notes and reports in a timely manner.
• Travels independently for service delivery.
• Apprises the case management supervisor of significant issues/concerns and carries out activities in keeping with program objectives, agency policy and supervisory direction.
• Communicates relative to cases by telephone, computer, and in person.
• Maintains strict confidentiality with respect to cases.
Master’s degree in social work from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education or a related master’s degree. Must be licensed or close to licensure in one of the following: LSW, LCSW, LICSW and LHMC.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Human Services with a minimum of three years clinical experience working with children, adults, and families.
• Valid Massachusetts Driver’s License and access to a motor vehicle with insurance at minimum levels required by Children’s Friend.
• Knowledge of Massachusetts and agency requirements for children served by the Department of Children and Families.