The Therapeutic Training and Support Worker is a qualified paraprofessional working in a team with a Master’s level clinician to support implementation of the clinician’s treatment plans for youth in In-Home Therapy.
• Provide In-Home parent effectiveness training and support, teaching parents how to implement a positive behavior reward system with continued coaching
• Assist parents in the development as advocates for their children, including attending school or community meetings with the parents.
• Assist in gathering of information to be utilized in a comprehensive strengths and needs based assessment.
• Participate in the development of strengths- based treatment plan and safety plan. Such plans will include behavior modification therapy and crisis intervention to determine ways to best defuse a situation and information on needed supportive services
• Maintain a work schedule to accommodate the needs of the families during evenings and weekends.
• Meet established productivity targets.
• Locate needed state/ local/ federal resources such as after school programs, summer camps, fuel assistance programs, HUD low income housing and assist the family to access these resources.
• Provide linkage to ongoing community treatment and support services
• Provide structured, 1 to 1, strengths- based support services to eligible youth for the purpose of addressing daily living, social, and communication needs
• Complete timely and accurate documentation to reflect services provided
• Communicate with managed care entities as needed
• Coordinate care with other agencies and members of the youth’s team, including natural supports.
Bachelor’s Degree in social work or psychology, with a minimum of one year of relevant community -based, human services work with children and parents.
• Computer literacy.
• The ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
• Ability to meet all necessary background and credentialing requirements.
• A valid Massachusetts driver’s license and a good driving record.
• Access to a reliable vehicle that is insured for liability at least at the minimum level required by Children’s Friend.
• The ability to work positively with clients, families, colleagues and others.