Provides high quality, developmentally appropriate care and daily curriculum to infants, toddlers, or pre-school students, as assigned at the Children’s Friend Early Learning Center.
1. Provides direct care for infants, toddlers, and/or preschoolers following policies and procedures of EEC and Children's Friend.
2. Uses all aspects of Creative Curriculum to help infants, toddlers and/or preschoolers or pre-K students develop and learn.
3. Observes and evaluates the care provided to the infants, toddler and/or preschoolers by their parents and assists parents in developing parenting skills and child care techniques.
4. Assists in supervision of assistant teachers, volunteers and student interns.
5. Completes yearly staff training hours required by EEC and Children's Friend and attends mandatory staff meetings.
6. Maintains an ongoing educational plan toward a degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field if without such a degree.
7. Assists the Director in carrying out daily activities including maintaining the physical environment, ordering and procuring materials and supplies, and laundering.
8. Apprises the Director of issues/concerns and carries out all activities in keeping with Children’s Friend’s policies, program objectives, and supervisory objectives.
1. Massachusetts EEC certification as infant/toddler and/or preschool lead teacher.
2. Ability to interact positively with colleagues, parents, and visitors.
3. Ability to read to children.
4. Warm and loving attitude toward children.
5. Timeliness and reliability.
6. Bachelor’s Degree or active engagement in working toward the degree.
7. Skills and experience in working with ethnically and culturally diverse population.
8. Minimum of two years of experience in providing direct child care services.