The primary objective of the position is to provide responsive, effective residential supports and to lead the staff team in creating an atmosphere that places individual respect, dignity and empowerment above all else. This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of assigned residence with the goal of maintaining and enhancing the quality of program services offered. Requires use of beeper to ensure effective communication.
Support people in the development of talents and interests.
Support each individual’s existing relationships and increase their networks of friends and acquaintances.
Ensure that all individuals are treated with respect, dignity and support to take as much control as possible over routines and activities in their home. Support people to make wise decisions that enhance their ability to reach their goals.
Involve individuals in all planning and decisions that will have an impact on their lives.
- Staff who work with them, their recruitment, evaluation, and continued employment.
- All planning (ISP & other) regarding the present and future interests of the individual.
- The routines of their life, work, home, vacations, meals, leisure time.
- The culture of their home regarding respect for privacy common courtesy, shared responsibilities.
- Health Care decisions, treatment.
- Access to the support of family, guardian or an advocate to assist with potentially dangerous, costly or risky situations.
Support people to present themselves in a positive manner (to enhance their ability to meet their goals)
What you must have in order to be succesful in this role: BA preferred and/ or a minimum of 2 years of expereince in a management role in the health and human service field.
Has proven record of commitment to people we support and has demonstrated excellent direct support work.
Has demonstrated leadership abilities – is articulate, organized and able to reach other staff.
Holds high standards and shows ability to self evaluate.
***Sign-on bonus offered. Compensation up-to - $48,000.00.